About the location
A traditional 19th century coastal inn on the Wirral bank of the stunning Dee estuary, providing sanctuary and refreshment to locals and visitors alike for over two centuries.
Sympathetically improved in recent years, creating a timeless light and airy pub, staffed by a crew who strive to give warm and genuine hospitality. The Ship is located on the quayside of the former Georgian port of Parkgate in Cheshire, enjoying charming views over the Dee Marshes to North Wales. Upstairs we have a number of smart comfortable rooms, with a handful of front rooms facing the Marshes.
We are incredibly proud of our talented chefs, recognising and encouraging passion and creativity within our kitchen teams and are now looking for a passionate chef de partie to join The Ship and further strengthen the team.
What's in it for you?
- A competitive salary which will regularly be reviewed to reflect and recognise your progression, skills and experience
- Generous tips
- Full company sick pay after 2 years’ service
- Free on site parking
- Enhanced company maternity pay
- Ongoing training, development and opportunities for career progression within the group
- Guaranteed Christmas day off every year to enjoy with your family and friends
- Flexible working hours to help achieve a healthy work life balance
- Free meals on shift
- Discounted food rates – up to 50% off at all company sites
- Discounted accommodation rates – up to 50% off at all company sites
- Access to confidential and expert health & well-being, financial and legal advice through our Employee Assistance Programme with Hospitality Action
- Up to £1500 for referring a friend to join our team
- Long service rewards and annual recognition
- Christmas staff social event – celebrate the festive season with your work friends on us
What we're looking for:
A creative and talented chef who is looking for a progressive and challenging role in a bustling kitchen. Our chefs create their own menus and always welcome ideas from the whole of the team. We are well known for serving the finest of fresh locally sourced produce and our regularly changing menus reflect this.
Previous experience of working in a similar kitchen is essential as we know you’ll have the attitude and work ethos we’re looking for a chef de partie who shares our love of everything foody and brings passion and flair to the kitchen.
Who we are:
We recognise that our teams and their hard work are what make our pubs a success. We offer a number of company perks and benefits by way of saying thank you:
- A family run company with 9 pubs across the Wirral, North & Mid Wales areas, who take great pride in each one of them, and the teams who make them tick.
- Stange & Co. are accredited by Investors in People.
- A company who genuinely believes in treating everyone with equal respect & dignity regardless, also having a genuine concern for the happiness and well-being of every single member of our teams
- A company who strives to put their pubs at the heart of their communities, and improving those places by them being there.
- A company whose aim is ‘To Improve people’s lives by striving to run great pubs'.
Apply for this role
If this position is of interest and you’d like to be a part of our friendly team, working with a great bunch of like-minded people we’d love to hear from you.
Apply for Chef de Partie